Old Posts

Monday, August 27, 2012

A new video to share...

This summer I went to Colorado and rode several of the local tourist railways.  Anyways, I am in the process of making a slideshow/ video presentation on You tube and I now have the first video done of none other than the Pike's Peak and Manitou Springs Cog Railroad.  The route is several miles long, starting at Manitou springs (west of Colorado Springs)  and climbs to the top of Pike's Peak, which is 14,110 feet high.

The terrain is rugged, mountainous, and steep.  The peak is completely bare of trees, and this year it's also bare of snow!  I hope it rains and snows this winter, I really do.  The shots were taken with a Canon Sx110 digital camera.  It's several years old now, but the shots are top notch considering it's an old little camera.  The only problem is that the video clips didn't turn out as great as expected, oh well I guess.  But anyways, enjoy the video below.  Next video is going to be about the Royal Gorge Route!


No comments:

Post a Comment