Old Posts

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Storage





In the model railroading world, it seems that there are three things are always in a shortage; desk space, train shows, and storage.  I never get to have a clean, flat space to work on, I never get to go to enough shows, and I never have enough space for everything, and I am sure most railroaders can relate.  Few modelers are magicians with space, or have a large enough room for them to fit everything.  But for the rest of us, we can only try to compact what we got so that it isn't an eye sore to the layout, room, and house.  Below is my attempt at storing everything I got into a tiny space. WARNING! The following photos are of a modeler attempting an impossible feat, cleaning!


Here is the desk area.  Notice that out of about 12 square
feet, I only have about 2 that is usable.
Here we have a classic example  of the little things which
have no home in the filing cabinet, taking up space.
One way I did increase storage of my train LAYOUT
collection was by having shelves big enough to fit a layout.
Oh yeah, don't forget the bathroom!
Also, I have a whole corner dedicated to nothing but track!

I hope that you can find ways out of any storage problem you may have.  As you can see, I've got a long way to go, but I get around to solving my problems eventually!



No comments:

Post a Comment