The Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette is one of those magazines you just have to pick up. Two days ago I had to chance to buy some back issues for $2 each and they are worth every penny. Basically, the Gazette offers high quality references, drawings, prototype information and of course models of the many industrial narrow gauge and small standard gauge lines that existed, most of which are now gone. From South African lines to the Denver and Rio Grande, the Gazette has covered just about everything that has to do with small rail lines.
In each issue, the Gazette offers the following to it's readers:
- Information about 2-3 prototype railroads.
- An overview and photos of 2-3 model railroads
- At least one piece of railroad art, usually found on the cover.
- Reviews on new products
- Intriguing stories from experts with railroads, and railroad models
- and as everyone says... much, much more!
So I recommend picking up a copy and seeing for yourself.
And in case I didn't mention, Happy New Year!